Baker City has been nominated for the "Bark for Your Park" contest sponsored by Petsafe.
The grand prize winner will receive $100,000 for construction of a dog park in their community. Four runners up will receive $25,000 for dog park construction. You can vote for Baker City two times per day by going to www.petsafe.net, and on Facebook. The finalists will be selected May 31st. Go online and "Bark for Your Park"...Your four legged friends will be forever grateful!
The Baker City Parks Department strives to promote and preserve parks and open spaces which are safe, provide beauty, enhance recreational experiences, and are accessible to all members of the community. Our parks system includes approximately 12 acres of land - encompassing 9 parks, 3 pocket parks, 4 developed traffic islands, and over 2 miles of pathways. Maintenance of the parks system is currently under contract with Grass Master, a lawn care company.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit, explore, and enjoy all our parks have to offer. Click here for a full map with the parks we have in town.
- Cedar Acres Park
- Central Park
- Geiser Pollman Park
- Leo Adler Memorial Parkway (LAMP)
- Pocket Parks & Traffic Islands
- River Park
- Sam-O Park
- South Baker Park
- Parks Rules and Regulations
- For Parks Reservations, please contact Jennifer Murphy, at (541) 524-2063, email@example.com.
- Parks & Recreation Board
- Community Parks and Pathways Survey Summary Report 2012
- Systems Development Charges Methodology (SDC)
- Temporary Variance of Baker City Parks Ordinance