Welcome to the Planning Department. We are committed and obligated to implement the community's adopted policy on land use and development. Our goal is to do so in a way that is understandable, efficient, fair, and as pleasant as we can make it. We do our best to offer the kind of friendly support that we all hold as a common value in our community.
The Planning Department is responsible for day-to-day administration of the Comprehensive Plan and the City's development ordinances. This includes responding to public inquiries, processing of applications for Planning Commission actions, and assisting any other board or commission that is charged with land use issues.
- City Development Code
- Floodplain Ordinance Amendment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Introduction to Land Use Planning. This is a guide to provide basic information regarding the land use planning process in Oregon. It was produced by the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development in January 2007.
- Permits, Licenses, and Forms
- Planning Commission
- Planning Resources
- Plans and Projects
- Public Notice
- Reports and Statistics
- Sidewalk, Bike Path, and Street Tree Program
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for more information. The Planning Department Office is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. if you would like to meet in person. We are located in the basement of the Baker County Courthouse at 1995 Third Street, Baker City.