Use of City Hall Council Chambers
We are pleased to be able to share our facility with you and hope you will find everything needed to make your meeting a success. For room reservations, please contact Valeria Hysong at (541) 524-2036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enable us to continue making this room available to groups like yours, we ask you comply with the following rules:
- Reservations should be made at least two days in advance.
- The Council Chambers will be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The maximum number of people permitted in the Council Chambers is 50, posted by the State Fire Marshal.
- The normal hours of City Hall are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you need to use the room during off hours, you must procure a key from the Management Assistant in the City Manager’s office before the date of the meeting. All off hour meetings must be approved by the City Recorder.
- The user is responsible for ensuring that the building is locked at the meeting end. Unless other arrangements have been made, the key should be deposited in the drop box outside the front door.
- The Chambers must be left in its original condition. All chairs, tables and other equipment must be returned to the positions they were in at the beginning of the use.
- Users are responsible for their own setup, take down, cleanup, storage, and any damage done to City facilities by their groups or persons whom they may invite to attend. Users should allow enough time and labor for these tasks when reserving the room.
- The removal of furniture or equipment from the meeting room is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in all portions of the building.
- All parking issues are the responsibility of the user.
- The use of the following is prohibited: alcohol, open flames or candles, confetti, glitter, cellophane tape, nails, staples, and screws.
- Users are only permitted to enter the Council Chambers and rest rooms.
- Any group wishing to use the sound system must first contact the Administration Office for permission and training.
- Use of the Council Chambers must not interfere with the conduct of City business. Disruptive or noisy groups may be asked to leave.
- Children under the age of 16 must be under adult supervision at all times.
- Should an emergency arise, dial 9-1-1.
- City Hall Council Chambers shall only be used for non-profits or other community groups. No commercial functions or private gatherings are allowed.
- Although food and beverage is permitted, users must avoid food or drink that may stain or damage the facilities or furniture.