Public Arts Commission
- The 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Conference Room 204
|Corrine Vegterfirstname.lastname@example.org||April 2020|
|Ann Mehaffyemail@example.com||April 2020|
|Brian Vegterfirstname.lastname@example.org||April 2019|
|Damon Roseemail@example.com||April 2019|
|Fred Warner, Jr.||firstname.lastname@example.org||Staff|
Agendas & Minutes
View most recent agendas and minutes.
The Public Arts Commission is a volunteer advisory group which became effective April 10, 2014. Click here for Ordinance No. 3332, creating the Baker City Public Arts Commission.
- City Staff Representative: Fred Warner, Jr., City Manager (term determined by Council)
- These are public meetings and all citizens are invited and encouraged to attend.
- As stated in the ordinance, of the 5 voting members, initially, 2 will have 3-year terms (positions 1 and 2) , 2 will have 2-year terms (positions 3 and 4) and 1 will have a one-year term (position 5). At the end of each initial term, all terms will thereafter be three 3 years.
This interactive steel sculpture entitled "Go Ahead" was created by Don Herman of Baker City. This piece was the first Art on Loan piece. It was installed on October 6, 2016 and is located in beautiful Central Park.
Blazing Shadows, by Corrine Vetger. This piece is located in Central Park and will be on display through Fall of 2018.
Our most recent addition to the Art on Loan Program is Damhsa Geoimeadrach (Gaelic for "Geometric Dance"). This piece was created by Scotty and Tori Whiting. It is located in front of U.S. Bank in downtown Baker City, at the northeast corner of the Main Street/Washington Avenue.