Parks & Recreation Board
|Karla Macyemail@example.com||July 2020|
|Lisa Jacobyfirstname.lastname@example.org||July 2020|
|Linda Collinsemail@example.com||July 2020|
|Valerie Potter||208-989-4526||Valeriep@gohospice.com||July 2022|
|Kim Mosierfirstname.lastname@example.org||July 2022|
|Nathan Defreesemail@example.com||July 2022|
The Baker City Parks and Recreation Advisory Board exists to promote and preserve parks and open spaces which are safe, provide beauty, enhance recreational experiences and are accessible to all members of the community. The Baker City Parks and Recreation Advisory Board shall permanently preserve, protect, maintain, improve, and enhance its natural resources, parkland, and recreational opportunities for current and future generations.
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board was created to represent the community regarding matters related to our local parks. Here are some of the board's duties:
- To advise the initiation, planning, design and to recommend a system of parks, facilities, etc., that will accommodate the public's need for parks and recreation activities.
- To assess at all times the safety and security of site locations and physical facility standards.
- To assist with the preparation and development of rules and regulations by which parks and recreation programs may operate.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of park and recreation programs.
- To advise and recommend ways and means by which parks and recreation programs may be improved or strengthened.
- To support new parks, programs, and activities as public need may dictate.
- To adopt bylaws and other rules of procedure to achieve its purposes and functions.
- To assist with the adjudication of complaints, disputes or other grievances from the public arising out of parks and recreation activities.
- To perform other duties and responsibilities as may be conferred by the Baker City Council from time to time.
If you wish to address anything to this Advisory Board, feel free to contact any member listed below or the Public Works Technical Administrative Supervisor, Joyce Bornstedt, at (541) 524-2046.